Makem & Clancy
- After an appearance by Tommy Makem on Liam Clancy's Canadian TV series, a string of events leads to the full time formation of Makem & Clancy.
- Together the duo performed a mix of old CBTM standards and fresh new material; many of these "new" songs have become staples in the genre, much as the songs they had introduced in the sixties.
- Tommy Makem and Liam Clancy release their first self-titled album; co-produced by themselves and Archie Fisher.
- In January "And The Band Played Waltzing Matilda" enters The Irish Charts, reaching number one.
- The song spends a total of 10 weeks in the charts.
- Makem and Clancy perform in concert at the National Stadium Dublin, in February.
- The concert is broadcast in Ireland as
Makem & Clancy At Home.
- In March "Red Is The Rose" enters The Irish Charts, the song reaches #3.
- "Morning Glory" enters The Irish Charts, in July, the song reaches #7.
- Makem and Clancy film a special at Bunratty Castle for Irish TV, titled
The Music Makers.
- LIVE at the National Concert Hall is released.
- A companion video to this album is filmed, with songs not included on the LP.
- This TV special is broadcast in Ireland and the US.
- Tommy and Liam join Paddy and Tom Clancy for the long awaited CBTM reunion.
- After 13 successful years, Makem and Clancy amicably split.
- In October, CBRO perform at Bob Dylan's 30th Anniversary Concert Celebration at Madison Square Garden.
- Tommy Makem appears with the group as a "special guest".
- This is the last public/professional appearance of Tommy Makem with the Clancys.