… a brief biography
Born: May 14, 1927, Carrick-on-Suir, County Tipperary, Ireland
Died: September 6, 2002, Carrick-on-Suir, County Tipperary, Ireland
Group Member: 1969-1971 and 1977-1998
Bobby continued on as "The Clancys" with is son Finbarr, and Eddie Dillon from 1998 to 2002
BOBBY CLANCY is the latest Clancy brother to join with the famous singing group from Ireland.
Singing is not a new vocation for Bobby. He has been a solo artist for many years. Bobby has been collecting songs and singing at Irish Music Festivals, where he has won many awards during the past years. He appeared on Telefis, where he has won many awards during the past years. He appeared Sings". He has also appeared on the same station's production entitled "Ballad Session". Bobby has also appeared on many Radio Eireann Shows and many shows for the B.B.C.
With his sister Peg, he appeared on two albums released by the Tradition Record Company, entitled "So Early in The Morning" and "Songs From Ireland". They also appeared together on many concerts in the British Isles.
Bobby has toured the United States and Canada, appearing in concerts, clubs, and on TV as a solo artist. He has also worked and roamed in many parts of the world including Greece, Italy, Australia, and New Zealand.
In addition to his singing, he has been running the family insurance business started by his father in Carrick-on-Suir, as well as the "Jug of Punch" a Pub/Restaurant in Kilkenny, Ireland, which he owns jointly with brother Liam.
Source: Concert Program - circa 1970
- Bobby Clancy's Recordings & Videos — with The Clancy Brothers
- Christmas: 1969 - Columbia CS 9876 (stereo) LP
- Flowers In The Valley: 1969 - Columbia CS 9932 (stereo) LP
- Welcome To Our House: 1970 - Audio Fidelity AFSD 6246 LP
- Live!: 1982 - Vanguard VSD 79445 LP
- Tunes 'n' Tales of Ireland: 1988 - Folk Era FE 2061 CD
- Bob Dylan 30th Anniversary Celebration: 1992 - Sony 53230 CD
- Bob Dylan 30th Anniversary Celebration: 1993 - Sony 49165 VHS (video)
- Older But No Wiser: 1995 - Vanguard VSD 79488 2 CD
- Farewell to Ireland: 1996 - VHS-APV-87 (video)
- The Best of the Vanguard Years: 2000 - Vanguard 79551-2 CD